We need your help!
The Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging is seeking new volunteers for the APPRISE program. APPRISE is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program. APPRISE provides counseling for people with Medicare in Pennsylvania. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunity and want to help senior citizens this is the ideal volunteer opportunity for you.
An APPRISE counselor helps with:
- Understanding Medicare benefits and services
- Making informed choices about selecting supplemental insurance
- Understanding the eligibility for Medicaid
- Understanding the Medicare Summary Notice
- The appeal process and assists with paperwork
- Understanding the different programs that are available for prescription drugs, including Part D
- Benefits and programs that can save money
APPRISE volunteers are specially trained at local and state trainings. They are trained to answer questions about Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, prescription drugs, preventative care, and to assist with paperwork. As a counselor you will have access to State and Federal Medicare resources and information.
If you are looking for an opportunity to help your neighbors by taking some of the confusion out of Medicare, or would like more information about the APPRISE program and the rewarding volunteer opportunity please contact Terri Hilderbrandt at 717-273-9262