What is the Farmers Market Nutrition Program?
The Farmers Market Nutrition Program is administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. The program provides four $6 checks for a total of $24 to income eligible seniors to be used to purchase fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from approved farmers’ in Pennsylvania. It also helps expand the awareness and use of farmers’ markets right here in Lebanon County.
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2020
1. Due to the COVID -19 -19 situation, FMNP checks will not be distributed as in previous
2. FMNP applications must be completed by eligible consumers & mailed to the LCAAA office.
3. LCAAA will review the application for accuracy & FMNP checks would be mailed to eligible participants.
4. Applications will also be available on the agency’s website- click on -LEBCNTY.ORG, DEPARTMENTS, AREA AGENCY ON AGING, FMNP PROGRAM to download/print the application.
5. LCAAA will also send applications to senior hi-rise facilities in Lebanon County. Eligible participants can turn in completed applications to their building’s office for forwarding to the LCAAA.
6. LCAAA Meals on Wheels on Wheels consumers would also be given applications by his/her driver. Completed applications could be given to the Meals on Wheels driver & returned to the LCAAA office. FMNP checks would then be processed & delivered to MOW consumers by his/her driver.
Who is eligible to receive Farmers Market Checks?
To receive Farmers Market Checks you:
· Must be a Lebanon County resident – please show your photo ID
· Must be at least 60 years of age
· Must meet annual income guidelines – Click Here for Current Income Guidelines
When and where can Farmers Market Checks be used?
· Checks are valid from June 1st to November 30th annually
· Farmers Market Checks are only accepted at approved vendors and may not be used at grocery stores.
· Here is the list of Lebanon County vendors: