What is the Farmers Market Nutrition Program?
The Farmers Market Nutrition Program is administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. The program provides four $5 checks for a total of $20 to income eligible seniors to be used to purchase fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from approved farmers’ in Pennsylvania. It also helps expand the awareness and use of farmers’ markets right here in Lebanon County.
Who is eligible to receive Farmers Market Checks?
To receive Farmers Market Checks you:
· Must be a Lebanon County resident – please show your photo ID
· Must be at least 60 years of age
· Must meet annual income guidelines – Click Here for Current Income Guidelines
When and where can Farmers Market Checks be picked up?
· Farmers Market Checks are handed out each June through multiple distribution sites in Lebanon County – Click Here for Distribution Schedule
· If you were unable to attend any of the distribution dates in June, please call the Area Agency on Aging to set up a time to receive your checks at 717-273-9262.
When and where can Farmers Market Checks be used?
· Checks are valid from June 1st to November 30th annually
· Farmers Market Checks are only accepted at approved vendors and may not be used at grocery stores.
· For a list of Lebanon County vendors – Click Here (hyperlink to PDF of approved vendors)
· To search for an approved vendor near your home – Click Here
Can I pick up Farmers Market Checks for another eligible senior in the community?
If you know someone who would be eligible for Farmers Market Checks and are unable to pick them on their own, you may complete a proxy form so that you may pick them up in their absence.
If you have other questions about the Farmers Market Nutrition Program, you can read more from the PA Department of Agriculture or call the Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging at 717-237-9262.