Effective July 1, 2021, APPRISE is now Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight, PA MEDI – Same Program, Same Services for Pennsylvania’s Medicare Beneficiaries, now with a New Name.
What Is PA MEDI and How Can It Help You with Medicare and other Programs?
PA MEDI is a free State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Pennsylvanians on Medicare. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging created PA MEDI to help seniors understand their Medicare insurance options and make informed choices that would best meet their needs. Counselors are specially trained volunteers who can answer your questions and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, “Extra Help” Programs, PACE/PACENET.
PA MEDI CAN HELP WITH:
· Medicare Options that would best fit your needs
· Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D)
· Long-Term Care Insurance
· Screening and Applying for financial assistance programs
· Fraud and Abuse
· Medicare Appeals
If Medicare is Confusing, PA MEDI can Help!!!
· Attend our Free Medicare 101 Class via zoom. Please call the agency at 717-273-9262 for dates and times.
· If you are unable to attend via ZOOM, below is a free Medicare YouTube video and PowerPoint - Medicare 101, presented by the PA Department of Aging. Watch at your convenience.
· Schedule an appointment with a Certified Medicare Counselor
Free Individual Counseling Available
Call (717) 273-9262 to schedule appointments
Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging
710 Maple Street (Basement)
Lebanon, PA 17046
Every Monday from 12pm to 3pm
Every Wednesday from 9am to 12pm
For individual counseling, please call to make an appointment up with an PA MEDI volunteer.
PROGRAMS TO SAVE MONEY!
- There is NO COST for the PA MEDI Program’s help or for enrollment into these programs.
- If you are single and have a total monthly income of $1,208
- If you are married and have a total monthly income of $1,475
- If you are single and have a total monthly income of $2,792
- If you are married and have a total monthly income of $3,458
Medicare Annual Open Enrollment Period
Medicare’s Annual Election Period (AEP) will take place October 15-December 7. Both Part D and Medicare Advantage plan members can make plan changes at this time. Appointments can be made Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 2 pm.
Medicare’s Annual Disenrollment Period (ADP) will take place from January 1-February 15. People with Medicare Advantage (MA) plans will only be able to return to Original Medicare and join a stand-alone prescription drug (Part D) plan.
PHLP is a nationally recognized expert and consultant on access to health care for low-income consumers, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. For more than two decades, PHLP has engaged in direct advocacy on behalf of individual consumers while working on the kinds of health policy changes that promise the most to the Pennsylvanians in greatest need.